Friday 7 February 2014

Lilla Rogers Assignment Bootcamp

So it's week 6 of my Freelance life & alongside my jobs, I've enrolled on Lilla Rogers Assignment Bootcamp which is very exciting! It runs over the next 6 months & each Month starts with a mini assignment to get us warmed up for the main one in the middle of the Month. Our 1st mini assignment is Cuckoo Clocks!


To be honest they have never interested me & some of them are quite hideous! but, as I started gathering my reference together I found out that there are so many variations, from the very traditional type that we all think of when we think of cuckoo clocks, to contemporary, decorative interpretations.

So, I started doodling with my favourite pink biro pen :0) .. I homed in on the pretty elements, the flowers, patterns, birds, pine cones & the clock faces. I didn't want to copy, I wanted to create my own interpretation. As you can see from my doodles, they've developed as I've got into it! I must admit, I'm really enjoying it & finding it hard to tear myself away! Im getting worried that the ink in my fluffy pen will soon run out & I wont find another one like it!......hehe... Seriously, it's so nice not to be staring at the computer screen for a change!  I'm looking forward to the main assignment which will be released soon & encorporates all the elements we've been working on.











No comments:

Post a Comment