Monday 3 February 2014

I'ts February!

Well I have waved goodbye to January & hello to a new month & new challenges!..

It's week 5 of my Freelance life & last week knocked my confidence abit...A job fell through, that could have been a great opportunity for me & I've had 3 rejections from Agents and the other 2 Agencies haven't responded to my emials so Im thinking the worst :-(
Ok, I didn't expect great things to happen straight away, but It's hard to get back up, dust yourself off and carry on....but, I love what I do & thats what keeps me going!

When I feel rubbish I find that doodling in my sketch book relaxes me, so thats what I did & I created some animal characters which I think look quite fun!
I'm not going to show you my doodles because they are rubbish(in my opinion, I know, but your still not seeing them) .., but I will show you a couple of the drawings I finished in Illustrator which I hope you like! :0)










I thought it would be a nice idea to do a giveaway on my Myla-May Facebook page and the winner can pick which character they would like on an A4 print. Maybe it would make a nice gift for Valentines Day or just to keep!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myla-May/431997050206549


Since I have been going it alone, I have been looking at developing my own identity with a hope that one day I will be out there in the marketplace. Like many Designers out there trying to make their mark, I want to be recognised for my style of work, at the moment, I'm feeling abit insecure about my style... I'm asking myself lots of questions...am I different enough to make a difference? do I stick with the style I work in at the moment? do I try and develop a completely new style? do I use a different medium? Being an artist I am always searching for that new idea, experimenting and creating, and thats what I love, But is it enough, will I ever find my comfort zone, will I ever find my niche?....

Anyway, I thought I needed to boost my confidence and find something to focus on & channel my creativity - I have found the perfect solution!


The very inpirational Lilla Rogers is holding an Assignment Bootcamp over the next 6 months so I decided to sign up! It starts today with a mini challenge just to get us warmed up, we are drawing 'Cuckoo Clocks' a great subject to get started because there are so many interesting elements!
It's a great opportunity to network with the other class mates & there will be a gallery to showcase all our ideas!
I would like to share my journey with you and post my sketches & ideas, It will be intresting to see how I go about each assignment and whether it will help me come to a decision about my current style!

Watch this space!x


http://lillarogers.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment