Sunday 28 July 2013

From Doodles to Paintings Part 1

Most of my time is spent designing on the computer, so from time to time it's nice to get away from the screen and draw and paint freely. I have always enjoyed drawing and painting from a young age, I've played with many different mediums, but always felt more comfortable with acrylics so decided to stick with them! When I've had the chance, I've shown my work in local exhibitions and sold afew pieces which has been nice! It's an enjoyable hobby and any spare time I get, out come my paints and easel!.. I find painting so therapuetic and relaxing, I wish I could do it more often!
Before I start with a project, I roughly sketch my ideas on paper and after afew scribbles, I'm happy to go for it on the canvas!
This is my Cupcake collection which are currently in a little Gallery Shop called Dee Fine Arts in Heswall, Wirral.

If you are interested in any of my paintings please get in touch :0)x






Naughty But Nice
60cm x 30cm Acrylic, Collage & Pen on Canvas
With my cupcake collection, I wanted to experiment with collage, 
so I tried adding wallpapers, which worked! 






Cupcake hill
Acrylic, Collage & Pen on Canvas
This piece is hanging my Nieces' bedroom, I would like to do some more like this!





Balancing Cup Cakes
60cm x 30cm Acrylic, Collage & Pen on Canvas





Cup Cakes in a row
80cm x 30cm Acrylic, Collage & Pen on Canvas





Cup Cake in Pink Frame
30cm x 30cm Acrylic & Pen on Canvas






Cup Cake in Teal Frame
30cm x 30cm Acrylic & Pen on Canvas










No comments:

Post a Comment